Searching for information about Paxil?
While the information that -
“Paxil has been proven safe and effective in the treatment of depression, panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD), social anxiety disorder (social phobia), generalized anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)”
…may be technically accurate, it certainly doesn’t tell the whole story.
Consider the information regarding Paxil and depression.
Paxil was first approved in the United States on my birthday, December 29, 1992, for the treatment of depression. (Most likely a coincidence.)
To satisfy the requirements of the FDA for being ‘safe and effective’ – two studies are required. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), the maker of Paxil, was indeed able to produce those two studies showing the safety and efficacy of Paxil.
The rest of the story, however, is that it took about 80 studies to obtain two with favorable results. Let’s see, you fail 78 times, and succeed twice. You hide the Paxil information from those 78 failures, call Paxil ‘safe and effective’ – and you try not to snicker when you say it.
Information is a funny thing…
Paxil has also been used to treat a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (premenstrual dysphoric disorder- PMDD), sexual function problems in men (premature ejaculation), nerve problems associated with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy), and chronic headaches.
Paxil Side Effects
The side-effects of Paxil include dry mouth, drowsiness, sweating, blurred vision, constipation, and difficulty passing urine, and dizziness. A lowered sex drive is also a common side effect.
For more information on Paxil side effects, including a complete list of Paxil side effects, visit the Paxil side effects page.
Paxil withdrawal has been shown to be worse than heroin withdrawal for many people. According to one unbiased user poll, 80% of the Paxil users experienced withdrawal symptoms. 60% of the Paxil users who wanted to quit were unable to.
For more information on Paxil withdrawal, visit the following sites:
The Paxil Withdrawal Strategy. Outlines a specific strategy you can use to help withdrawal from Paxil.
The Paxil Withdrawal Symptoms. Includes a list of the many Paxil withdrawal symptoms.
Paxil Withdrawal Help. Provides several guidelines to keep in mind with Paxil withdrawal, or any other illness, for that matter.
For more information regarding alternatives to Paxil, visit The Alternatives to Paxil.
Other Paxil Pages
Dangers of Paxil and Alcohol
Does Paxil Cause Suicide In Some Users?
Paxil and Weight Gain
Read the real story of Paxil CR
Paxill causes the Paxil Flu
Allergic To Paxil
Paxil And Zyprexa
Discontinue Paxil CR
Paxil CR Paroxetine HCL
GlaxoSmithKline Paxil CR
Success Stories With Paxil
Paxil Night Sweats
- Tell your doctor about your medical history, especially concerning liver problems, kidney problems, seizures, heart problems, other mental/mood disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder), thyroid problems, and any allergies.
- Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Older people may be more sensitive to the effects of the drug.
- This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. This drug passes into breast milk. Because of the potential risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this drug is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- Paxil is not recommended for use with: weight loss drugs (e.g., sibutramine, phentermine), thioridazine, terfenadine, astemizole. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
- Certain medications taken in the same time period could result in serious, even fatal, drug interactions. Avoid taking MAO inhibitors within 2 weeks, and avoid taking thioridazine within 5 weeks, before or after treatment with Paxil.
- Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medication you may use, including herbal remedies such as St. John’s Wort. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
The more information you know about Paxil, the easier it is to make an informed decision about taking it. The more information you know about your emotions, the less need you will have to take Paxil.
In addition to reading this Paxil information, it’s also important to understand the underlying causes that would lead someone to such a painful place.
I almost feel guilty because my life has become so enjoyable and so easy. Especially since I remember how miserable I used to be.
Basically it comes down to making one slight shift in what you do everyday, and you can watch in amazement as your life slowly begins to start working out in almost every way.
It’s such an important change that I’ve written a complete e-book about it. And I’d like to give you a copy for free. All you have to do is write your first name and primary email address into the space below, and you’ll be receiving a link to download the e-book right away.